Appeal to identify man following phone thefts across the county
Main article content
Detectives are currently investigating a number of mobile phone thefts – and have released an image and CCTV footage of a man they would like to speak to.
The incidents happened at retail premises in locations across Leicestershire.
Victims reported a man believed to be speaking Spanish entering premises – and in some instances handing over a piece of paper before leaving. They have then noticed mobile phones, which have been left within reach, have been taken.
The incidents happened in:
- Market Street, Lutterworth on 12 February, at around 4.30pm
- Belgrave Road, Leicester on 10 March
- Evington Road, Leicester, on 12 March at around 2pm
- Belvoir Street, Leicester on 27 March at around 1pm
- St George’s Retail Park on 28 March
- Market Place, Kegworth on 6 April, at around 5pm
- Burton Street, Melton on 7 April
Detective Sergeant Simon Boden, from the Coalville CID, said: “I would like to speak to the man pictured as I believe he has information that could help my investigation.
“Do you recognise him? Do you know who he is? Is that person you? If so, then please get in touch.”
Anyone with information can pass on information by visiting https://www.leics.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/ and quoting reference 21*188891.
Alternatively, call 101.