Man charged with Saffron Lane assault further remanded at court
Main article content
A Leicester man has appeared in court following a serious assault which left a taxi driver and police officer with serious injuries.
Callum McDermott, 32, of Oliver Street, appeared at Leicester Magistrates’ Court earlier today (Wednesday 25 August) charged with:
- One count of attempted murder
- One count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) to a police officer
- Two counts of assault on an emergency worker
- One count of section 4a racially-aggravated public order
- One count of section 5 racially-aggravated public order
- One count of section 5 public order
He has been further remanded into custody to appear before Leicester Crown Court on Monday 4 October 2021.
The charges relate to an incident on Saffron Lane, Leicester, on Monday 23 August, around 6.45am.