Transferees and Re-joiners
We are currently recruting for:
- Police Constable (Transferees & Rejoiners)
- Sergeant (Transferees and Rejoiners)
- Detective Constable (Transferees & Rejoiners)
Transfer to Leicestershire Police to realise your potential
Leicestershire Police provides a policing service to the people of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland 24-hours a day, 365-days of the year.
The area we are responsible for covers over 2,500 square kilometers (over 965 square miles) and has a population of nearly one million. There is a rich diversity of communities, all with their own policing needs.
There is a wide range of development prospects at Leicestershire Police, whether promotional or lateral. We run PC to Sergeant promotion boards, and offer an extensive range of training opportunities for our officers.
Upon transferring or re-joining to Leicestershire, you can be confident you’ll be working with a professional team of people. We are committed to working together to ensure we deliver on our promises of making our communities safer and cutting crime.
In order to transfer to us, you will need to:
- be serving (or have served) with a Home Office Force. Officers from non-Home Office Forces will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Officers wishing to transfer within their probationary period will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on the training route being followed
- if you are a re-joiner you must have resigned within the last five years
- pass the necessary vetting and occupational health checks
- pass the basic fitness test, which is a shuttle run (bleep test) to level 5.4 or above and a push / pull test
- have no outstanding disciplinary or integrity issues
- have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application
- declare any business interest
- hold a full manual driving licence
All of our available opportunities can be found our recruitment portal. If you can’t see the role you’re interested in, you can register for alerts to be kept up-to-date.