Our values and competencies
Our personal values are a really important aspect of our lives. Although we probably don’t give a lot of thought to them day to day they strongly influence the decisions and choices we make particularly in relation to our careers, activities we engage in and people we relate to.
Most people are attracted to policing because they share the values of public service, but this doesn’t mean that they won’t have other personal values as well. This is absolutely fine. Whatever your personal values are, we simply ask you to ensure they are focused toward our values and competencies.
An overview of our values and competencies are described below. For a full list of the behaviours and levels against each value and competencies view the College of Policing 'Competency and Values Framework for Policing' PDF document.
- Public Service – we will act in ways that are respectful to all the communities of Leicestershire,
- Leicester and Rutland and always act in the public interest
- Integrity – we act professionally and in line with the ethical standards at all times
- Impartiality – we treat everyone we interact with fairly and without bias or favour
- Transparency – we build trust with the communities of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland by being open and honest in our interactions and our decision making
- We are emotionally aware
- We take ownership
- We are collaborative
- We analyse critically
- We deliver, support and inspire
- We are innovative and open-minded
Discover the broad range of benefits available at Leicestershire Police
You are able to access a fantastic range of benefits as listed below (some benefits are dependent on role, location and length of service):
- Generous annual leave, 22-30 days per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Local gym discounted membership
- Mind Blue Light support
- Occupational Health services
- Reimbursed eye tests for VDU users
- Sports and social activities
- Welfare services
- Workplace needs assessments and support
- Cycle to work scheme
Offers, discounts and corporate benefits for all members of the policing family.