4. Pay and benefits
Being a Contact Handler is a genuinely rewarding experience – not just for the satisfaction you get from helping our diverse community - but for the pay and benefits you’ll receive too.
On appointment with no previous experience - £21,135
Weekend enhancement and a 20% shift allowance, depending on the hours worked.
Successful applicants would normally be appointed on the bottom of the salary scale and will progress, via annual increases, up to £23,406
Joining us a Contact Handler entitles you to a highly competitive benefits package that includes everything from staff restaurant facilities to on site gym and high street discounts.
You'll have access to a wide range of discounts and special deals including:
- Discounts at major high street stores, retail outlets, food establishments and other organisations nationwide
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Gym facilities*
- Eyesight vouchers
- Sports & leisure clubs
- Holiday playscheme discounts
(* small monthly fee)
You can expect to have a minimum of 23 days of paid holiday each year. This is in addition to public holidays.
We make provision for a number of other forms of leave, including:
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Special leave with and without pay
- Carers leave
- Parental leave
After your training period you can apply for flexible working arrangements.
However, each case is looked at individually and on its own merits. We will consider all requests and will try to accommodate them provided they fit with the operational demands of the organisation.
We expect you to be flexible and we strive to be a flexible employer. You'll be advised of your shifts in advance, allowing you to plan your work-life balance accordingly.
We pride ourselves on being a caring employer, and provide a range of support initiatives to help with both your personal welfare and that of your family:
- Support for employees with caring responsibilities, such as flexible working arrangements
- Occupational health and welfare counselling, ranging from psychotherapy to financial guidance
- A range of development and mentoring schemes
- Various staff associations to support and represent your needs
We offer our employees a range of subsidised leisure and sporting activities/ opportunities.
From swimming to sailing and football to fishing, a wide range of sports groups are available. Many members compete at regional, national and international levels.
All standards welcome from beginners to seasoned competitors.