Statement of mission and values
Leicestershire Police’s mission, known locally as Our Duty is 'Protecting our communities’. It is at the heart of everything we do and regardless of the challenges we face in the future, we will deliver the level of service demanded by the diverse communities of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Our Duty sets out how we intend to protect the communities we serve by:
- protecting vulnerable people
- dealing with those who cause most harm
- effectively deploying our people
- working with partners to solve locally identified problems
- trusting our people to use their judgement to make good decisions
- ensuring effective and efficient use of resources
The force’s vision, of ‘Making our diverse communities safer’, is our overarching aim and outlines how we will move forward as an organisation. It is shared across every level of the force, is reflected in the latest Police and Crime Plan, and is underpinned by our values.
Leicestershire Police has a set of values that all officers, staff and volunteers are expected to uphold and demonstrate in all they do. Our values set out how we will work, communicate and interact with our communities, stakeholders, partners and colleagues.
The five force values are:
- act with impartiality, being fair and objective
- demonstrate integrity
- put the public first in all that we do
- are transparent, open and honest
- work as one team