Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can.

Advice tool

I'd like to request a criminal convictions check for an employer

Thank you. Please visit the Disclosure Scotland website, where you'll find more details (including costs).

Your criminal conviction history is held on a national police database that Disclosure Scotland can access. They can disclose relevant information to an employer, or potential employer, on your behalf.