Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Advice tool

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest

Thank you. You need to submit a right of access request, which is the official way to request personal information, such as crime reports, that we hold about you on our databases.

Here's how to apply:

Step 1: Download our subject access request form and read the guidance notes.

Step 2: Print and complete the form.

You'll also need photocopies or scans of at least two different official documents (such as a driving licence) that between them give enough information to prove your:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • current address
  • signature

Step 3: Once complete, please either email or post the form and the photocopies or scans of your ID documents to us. Please don't send originals as they won't be returned.

Email: Data Protection and Information Security Office 

Data Protection and Information Security
Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters
St John's
LE19 2BX

If you need help with your application, you can email the Data Protection and Information Security Office.

Our offices are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.

When we've received your request, the process can take up to 40 days. If your request is complex it could take longer, but we'll let you know if this is case.

 Please note, it's against the law for an employer, or potential employer, to ask you to perform a right of access request as part of a vetting process.